This is the most wonderful soup if you love fusion food flavours. The lime complements the creamy coconut so well. What is more, this is such a super fast soup to make if you are short on time.
You will need;
🍅 Whole butternut squash, peeled and diced
🍅 2 medium onions
🍅 1 can coconut milk
🍅 1 litre stock ( I use Marigold)
🍅 1 packet creamed coconut
🍅 Juice 2 fresh limes
🍅 Handful fresh coriander
1. Cook the chopped onion in a little olive oil until translucent
2. Meanwhile steam the butternut squash for just a few minutes until it is tender but not mushy
3. Add the squash to the onions and stir well.
4. Add stock, creamed coconut and coconut milk and continue to stir
5. Then add the lime juice - you may want more or less according to how tart you like the flavour
6. Season to taste
7. Blend and then throw in your handful of coriander
Serve with seeds on top or crispy chick peas!