So this is one of my easiest dinners which I use as my ‘go to’ whenever I need food ready double quick with the least hassle.
You can sub the soya mince for turkey or chicken mince or beef mince if that’s your thing.
This makes enough to feed 6
🍅 1 large red onion
🍅 3 cloves garlic
🍅 Half chopped red pepper
🍅 Half chopped green/ yellow pepper
🍅 7 brown mushrooms chopped in large pieces
🍅 Half teaspoon dried chilli 🌶 or use powder to taste OR fresh chilli to your own taste ( depends on the type of chilli you buy as to the strength)
🍅 Teaspoon paprika
🍅 Tablespoon tamari
🍅 Teaspoon lemon juice
🍅 Tin chopped tomatoes
🍅 Good glug passata
🍅 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
🍅 2 tablespoons tamari
🍅 1/2 teaspoon miso paste
🍅 Good handful fresh coriander
🍅 Tin kidney beans OR mixed beans
🍅 Rice of your choice. ( I use a nice mix of wild, red and basmati)
1.Rinse your rice well and start cooking in a pan of boiling water
2. Put a little olive / rapeseed/ avocado oil in a pan.
2. Chop the onion and garlic finely and add to the pan.
3. Chop the peppers and mushrooms
4. Cook onions etc for a few minutes before adding the peppers and mushrooms.
5. Stir well and then add the soy mince or your choice of other mince. ( if using meat , you may want to cook this first before adding the onion etc. )
6. Add the lemon juice, chilli, paprika and other condiments ( tamari etc)
7. Open the tomatoes and add along with the passata. Mix in and then add the kidney beans.
8. Stir and cook well for about 15-20 mins.
9. Taste and adjust adding more to flavour as you need to.
10. Drain rice and serve immediately with yoghurt Oatly Creme Fraiche and handfuls of coriander.