My red Thai curry 🍛
I am easing my children into a more plant based diet so at the moment I cook a vegetarian meal and then add something extra for them.
This time I cooked extra prawns 🍤 simply turned over in a pan immediately before serving. Then added to the plate when dishing up.
I always find with Thai curry that there is so much I want to pack in there and so I don’t want to be prescriptive here ( or ever with recipe guidance) because it really is down to you and what you have in the fridge and your own tastes!!
So below is just some guidance - be creative with the veggies you want to use. The sauce is SO SUPER delicious anything in it will be transformed anyway!
* 2 large cloves garlic- grated
* Good chunk of fresh ginger 4 Cm or so) grated
* 2 pieces lemongrass
* 2 lime leaves
* 1-2 cans of coconut milk
* Half sliced red pepper
* Half slices yellow pepper
* Handful mange tout
* Handful baby corn 🌽
* 6 large brown organic mushrooms sliced in quarters or halves
* 6 salad potatoes quartered and briefly steamed ( they will not go soft enough in the pan to eat)
* 1/2 broccoli 🥦 head, sliced finely ( to allow it to cook)
* 1 packet coriander
* 1 packet creamed 🥥 coconut
* 1 heaped teaspoon of a good Thai red curry paste
* 2 fresh limes
* Handful cashew nuts
* 1 organic vegetable stock cube
* 2 teaspoon coconut nectar or sweetener of your choice.
*Extra chilli to taste
1. In a tiny bit of oil start to cook the garlic and ginger taking care it doesn’t burn and mixing it constantly.
2. Add the stock cube, lemongrass, lime leaves and curry paste and keep stirring while slowly adding a little of one can of coconut milk.
3. Little by little add it all.
This is your base.
4. To this add the creamed coconut and coconut nectar and then the juice of the 2 limes. Taste it and season appropriately.
5. Next add the potatoes, mushrooms and cashews.
6. Let them cook for approximately 5 minutes before adding in the peppers, baby corn 🌾, and mange tout.
7. You want to keep these as crunchy as you can to maintain the goodness.
8. Lastly the broccoli.
9. Decide whether you have enough sauce and add the second can coconut milk if necessary.
10. Stir through and cook for literally a few Minutes more - the last thing you want is soggy vegetables 🌶!
11. Serve immediately on a bed of brown rice and sprinkle copious amounts of coriander on top.