1 large red onion
3 cloves garlic
Half chopped red pepper
Half chopped green/ yellow pepper
7 brown mushrooms chopped in large pieces
Half teaspoon dried chilli or use powder to taste OR fresh chilli to your own taste ( depends on the type of chilli you buy as to the strength)
Teaspoon lemon juice
Tin chopped tomatoes
Good glug passata
Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons tamari
1/2 teaspoon miso paste
Good handful fresh coriander
Tin kidney beans OR mixed beans
Rice of your choice. ( I use a nice mix of wild, red and basmati)
1.Rinse your rice well and start cooking in a pan of boiling water
2. Put a little olive / rapeseed/ avocado oil in a pan.
2. Chop the onion and garlic finely and add to the pan.
3. Chop the peppers and mushrooms
4. Cook onions etc for a few minutes before adding the peppers and mushrooms.
5. Stir well and then add the soy mince or your choice of other mince. ( if using meat , you may want to cook this first before adding the onion etc. )
6. Add the lemon juice, chilli, paprika and other condiments ( tamari etc)
7. Open the tomatoes and add along with the passata. Mix in and then add the kidney beans.
8. Stir and cook well for about 15-20 mins.
9. Taste and adjust adding more to flavour as you need to.
10. Drain rice and serve immediately with yoghurt Oatly Creme Fraiche and handfuls of coriander.